Intergovernmental relations significantly influence companies involved in the international trade of goods and services. Trade agreements and amending laws and regulations, procedures can bring complications for businesses.
Our Team of professionals help our clients to effectively manage risks in relation to international trade, transfer pricing, currency control and provide a wide array of services to meet the needs and demands of our clients at any time to efficiently and timely exchange of goods and services across borders, in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
With our strategic knowledge and tactical capabilities with a deep technical and policy expertise, we counsel our clients with export and import regulatory compliance, international trade legislation, World Trade Organization (WTO) matters, free trade agreements, and other matters related to the cross-border movement of goods, services, technology, personnel and funds.
Currently we are able to provide the following services:
- Advise our clients on compliance with EU trade regulations and represent our clients before the customs administrations, export controls and sanctions regulators of the EU member states that administer and enforce EU laws, as well as before the European Commission and its Directorates General for Customs and Taxation and Trade
- Counsel clients on classification, valuation, country-of-origin marking, substantial transformation, preferential duty and drawback issues
- Advise companies on the complex laws and regulations governing the export and re-export of goods and technology
- Advise clients on administered trade embargoes, export controls, import regulations and import relief, economic sanctions
- Conducting due diligence reviews of export control and sanctions issues, addressing related concerns that arise and preparing risk factor assessments and disclosures
- Assist with International trade negotiations and trade agreements
- Customs enforcement and compliance
- International dispute resolution.